Monday, March 23, 2009

My Little Man Turns 1



My little boy (notice, I didn't say 'baby boy') turned 1 this past Saturday (3/21)!! We had a birthday party that afternoon to celebrate the milestone so I thought I would share a few pictures from the event with you.


Sean had gone down for his nap at noon that afternoon since the party was due to start at 2pm. I didn't want him to miss that nap! -- You other Mom's out there know what I mean. Everyone had pretty much arrived when he got up so he was a little overwhelmed at first. He quickly perked up though and started "playing" with his little buddy Marissa and cousin Jillian (both turning 2 in April & July).






He wasn't very interested in opening presents, which I really didn't think he would be, but I still hoped! Steve & I pretty much did the opening for him and just showed him (& our guests) his loot. He did enjoy chewing on a tag that was attached to some shorts, as you can see from the picture above though. Ha!





My Mom baked and decorated Sean's special cake. Special for 2 reasons. #1 it's his 1st birthday so he gets his own cake and #2 he's allergic to wheat products (wheat flour is in literally everything) and egg whites. So his cake batter came from Whole Foods (gluten free is our friend!) and we had to use this powdery egg substitute. Everyone else had Costco cake to enjoy (yum!). Anyhow, Sean plucked the "Thomas the Tank Engine" candle off the cake and poked a finger or two in the frosting. - Never actually made a dent into the cake itself. He wiped his fingers off on his jeans and eyebrows. heehee. I had Rainbow Sherbet ice cream on hand due to I had a feeling that's how the cake part of the party would go. He ate up the ice cream happily and then it was off to change out of the frosting smeared jeans and get his eyebrows wiped off.



The above picture was 1 of 2 attempts to get a "family photo" of the 3 of us on Sean's first birthday. Sean was less than thrilled about it (can you tell?!). By this time, his shorter than usual nap time, was showing so after a couple picture attempts if was off to "rest" with a ba-ba. All in all, it was a great afternoon and we, including our guests, had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment