I had meant to blog about our trip to the fair when I wrote about the pumpkin patch (since it was the same day), but I forgot! Ooops!
So yes, after we had visited the pumpkin patch, my Mom, sister and I took Sean to the Big Fresno Fair. Weather was perfect and though there were a lot of people there for an early Friday afternoon, the crowds themselves really weren't bad.
Now, of course, while at the fair, first things first - FAIR FOOD! ha... We devoured nachos, teriyaki beef sticks, chocolate ice cream (Sean), soft tacos (Mom & Sam), candied apples (Sam) and snow cones (Sam). - You wouldn't think she ate much by the look of her, but my sister Sam can pack away a TON of food. LOL... We walked thru the exhibits and while we were in the ag exhibit I purchased some banana chips for Sean and pistachios for myself to take home. Also walked thru the Commerce building and another building that held the many, many booths people had set up selling whatever it was they sold. - Sam purchased a cover for her cell phone at one of the booths.
The Table Mountain Rancheria "play grounds" were pretty neat. I took Sean on the giant Pirate Ship to explore but I ended up having to hold him due to there were so many 'bigger' kids running around like crazy - I didn't want him to get ran over! Also took him on what I've been calling "The Fort" that was next to the Pirate Ship. He walked around the 'less crowded' areas that I was trying to keep him in. - Again kids were all over the place going crazy. Apparently it was "Kids Day" at the fair Friday. Anyhow, I had intended to take him over to "Kids Town" which was across from the farm animals that were showing to let him play with the many toys, etc in there and to watch the 'Handy Manny' show that was being put on, but by the time we were done with the pirate ship & fort, Sean had had enough and so we ended up leaving. - We had been there for 2-2.5 hours by then so we had pretty much seen 80% of what was going on.
While strolling along, we did see 'Manny, Moe & Jack' from Pep Boys which Sean liked from a far, but as soon as I tried standing next to them for a picture opt, he didn't like them anymore. LOL! Maybe next year...
Oh, the picture I posted above is of myself, Sami & Sean sitting in a giant bounce-house-like red chair. It was somewhat challenging to climb into and I almost bounced off it during my first attempt to climb on. Ha!! Sean is in the middle of chewing a snack in the picture. =)




No comments:
Post a Comment