Our 3rd annual Cayucos summer vacation has come and gone for 2010. We spent our days playing on the beach, flying kites, taking strolls thru town, watching "The Muppets" (seasons 1 & 2), coloring, roasting marshmellows and taking many baths after our sand adventures. Sean very much enjoyed the sand and water this year. He preferred either to bury Steve's feet in the sand or doing the army crawl thru it. Also enjoyed sending Steve (or Grammie, depending on who was down there) for many buckets of water - all of which lasted a grand total of 1.5 seconds before Sean was pouring it out and saying "more!" LOL... I was very pleased this year, sand wise, due to it did not irritate his skin like it did last year.We did have a bit of a rough time during each night though. Sean would wake up crying (never does that) and neither Steve or I would be able to calm him down. - Each night it literally took almsot 30 minutes before one of us could get Sean calmed down enough to go back to sleep. One night Steve even took him for 2 car rides trying to get him calm and back to sleep. Both Steve and I would almost "panic" each night when it would happen since we were sharing the beach house with 9 other family members. - All which understood the situation, but Steve & I still felt badly about waking up the entire house each night. Jaycie did good during the nights but during the days she would NOT leave my arms. If I was able to lay her down on her playmat (which she loves) at all, it was only for maybe 5-10 minutes. The longest she spent out of my arms would be the 30 minutes each morning I spent showering and getting myself ready for the day. She was fussy much of the time we were there with the exception of when she & I would be back in the room our little family of 4 was staying. - Makes me wonder if having a house full of people all day everyday for those 4 days we were there made her nervous?? She is so used to just having our little family unit day in and day out with the exception of 1-3 extra people here and there when we have company, but even then, company is usually only over a couple hours. Other than her fussyness and Sean's night-time troubles, the trip was a good one as always.





In other news... Miss Jay is 3 months old today. She had her 2 month check up 2 days ago (yeah, a tad late - not my fault or to my liking but oh well) and she is now 14 lbs 4 oz and 25 inches long. Her weight and height put her into the 95th percentile for both those catagories. Mister Sean is a month away from officially being 2.5 years old. CRAZY! He truly amazes me. He is learning so much so quickly. He knows his alphabet, though, I am still trying to teach him the ABC song; knows some of his numbers and we have worked with colors, but I have to admit I haven't been consistant with that particular area. I know I need to teach him what color is what, but I was more concerned with him knowing & recognizing his letters first. I have had the color flash cards for a few months now and once we return from our camping trip next week, we'll be hitting that area hard. Also have kinda-sorta been trying to push the potty training issue. I have read that a good time to start is around 27 months of age, however, I have also read that it isn't a good idea to "force" them to sit on the potty if they don't want too. Sean started wanting to sit on the potty, but the timing wasn't quite right for me. - I had just had Jaycie and trying to be consistant with taking him every 30 minutes to sit on the potty to "try" going just didn't happen with me trying to get into a new routine, etc.. I would take him to sit on the potty and then note the time when he was done "trying" so I could make sure to take him again 30 minutes - before I knew it 2 hours would have flown by and I hadn't taken him back to try again. *sigh* He lost interest in sitting on the potty for about 4-6 weeks and has now just started to find that interest again so I am trying to be more attentive to keeping my eye on the clock, etc but I will admit to still struggling with it. I'm thinking investing in a little kitchen timer that is small enough to slip into my back pocket might be a good idea to help keep me on track with taking him to sit more often!




No comments:
Post a Comment