Saturday, January 31, 2009

Welcome To Blogging

Happy 2009 to you and here I am trying out this blogspot for the first time. I have friends that use this or Vox so I thought why not start one of my own? It is a pretty good idea to do with friends and/or family that you don't get to see or talk with all that often.

So after being up here in the mountains for the past 3 years, we've decided to put our house on the market and move back down the hill. Lately we always seem to be down there doing various errands and hanging out with friends or family - it just makes sense to do so. Plus with the market the way it is, we could save $800-$1k a month on the mortgage. Course the down side of that would be it's not a sellers market whatsoever. Buying a house will be easy, selling one will not. We are not in any hurry so if it takes us a while to sell the house, so be it. I can't say I'm exactly looking forward to packing and unpacking everything. -- All while caring for our 10 month old son in the process. I will very much miss our house here though. We purchased 3 acres of land almost 5 years ago (wow I can't believe it's been that long already!) and had a 2400+ square foot custom home built on it. Our property is gorgeous with park like settings and we face south so we see the lights of the city every night and on a clear day, you can see all the way to the coastal range.















Yes, we have a beautiful home and property indeed. I am going to miss it and our quiet and open-ness very much. And while I know we are making the right decision, I worry about regretting it later down the line. We built this house to be our home until after retirement. And here we are at 28 & 29 ready to sell it and move back to a track home in town. Sometimes, I think we're crazy for making this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment