In my previous post, I mentioned Sean being cranky and having trouble sleeping during our Cayucos trip. This past Monday while we were standing in line at Costco, Steve was making Sean laugh. - He'd throw his head back, open his mouth really wide and laugh hard. That's when I saw it - a molar! Sean had not only cut a bottom front tooth on our trip, but he had also cut a molar! That night as I was brushing his teeth, I made sure to go further back on his gums to make sure the molar was properly brushed and cleaned. Want to guess what I found? - A 2nd molar!! Poor guy! No wonder he was so upset in Cayucos. I had treated his bottom front tooth that he had been teething, but I had no clue he was also cutting molars at the same time. I felt so bad! Talk about "Bad Mom of the Year" award. =(
In other "Sean" news... It truely amazes me how much and how fast he is growing lately. Yesterday while we were outside, he said "Daniel" (actually, it was "Aniel") when I took him over to say hi to our dogs (Jack & Daniel). I thought that was so cute. He also spent some quality time with our cat Moo in the flower bed while I was helping Steve with some yard work (yes, you read that correctly) in the other flower bed. He loves that cat so much. "Moo! Moo!" he says whenever he sees him. Thankfully, Moo is such a laid back cat that he allows Sean to pet/poke/push/smack (lightly that is) him. I kept thinking to myself as I kept one eye on Sean & Moo and the other eye on what I was raking, that I needed to go grab my camera to snap a few pictures - alas, I did not. I know there will be more opportunitites though.
I've also been noticing the past couple of weeks his interest in the potty. He gets very excited when Mommy has to go potty (yes, he accompanies me sometimes) and even hands me the toilet paper. He's also been "telling" me when he needs his diaper changed. How you ask? He grabs his crotch and says "poo poo" (even if it's just tinkle). LOL It's pretty cute though I try not to make a big deal out of it (the crotch grabbing that is) other than saying "you need your diaper changed? Lets go to Sean's room!". He's only 16 months old so I don't believe he's actually ready for potty-training yet, however, I do plan to buy him a book about potty training for us to read together and perhaps even a little potty for him to start getting used too sometime in the upcoming week. I won't force him to sit on it, but he can at least see it/touch it/get to know it for when he is ready to actually "practice" on it.




No comments:
Post a Comment