Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Storyland

Today I took Sean on his first trip to Storyland. He had such a blast!! He could care less about listening to the various nursery rhymes with his special Storyland key, but he loved running around to each of the nursery rhyme "set-ups" and exploring them. He waved "Hi!" and "Buh-bye!" to each and every story we came too.


Sean planning his next move


My Dad purchased a brick last spring for Sean so we set out to find it and took many pictures of and with it. Sean thought it was great! He seemed to understand that it was his brick and he couldn't get enough of touching it, looking at it and waving to it. It was quite cute! After we spent time with his brick, we set off to find the brick my Dad purchased for me when I was around 9-10 years old. After about 10 minutes of searching, we found it! I took a picture with it as well since I had never done so in the past. Ha!

With the White Rabbit from 'Alice In Wonderland'

We went to 'Pooh Corner', 'Hansel & Gretel's', 'Little Boy Blue' and all the rest of the nursery rhyme gang. I hadn't been to Storyland in years so it was nice to go back and explore it with my son. Ah, family tradition continues! I can only hope that it will continue to receive funding and donations (along with our Chaffee Zoo) to remain open. I would love to take Sean back soon and hopefully any future brothers or sisters of his!

Waving from Owl's tree house in 'Pooh Corner'

No comments:

Post a Comment