Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas & The Big Move


Christmas 2009 came and went in a blur this year. Between trying to make sure we saw all family on Xmas Eve & Day and then moving from one home to the other the day after Xmas - it all just seems to run together in my mind. We did have a nice Xmas Eve with my Dad at his house and then at my Mom's afterwards. Sean wasn't into the whole opening thing much but he enjoyed the gifts he recieved! Xmas morning we woke up and did our little family Xmas. Sean LOVED the Little Tikes BBQ Santa left him and pretty much could care less about any other gift for him under the tree after seeing the bbq. LOL! We went to Steve's parents at noon and there he opened a few gifts and then ran into the toy room and came back with the stacking donuts to play with. Ha... So maybe next year he'll be "more" into the whole gift thing. All in all, it was a nice 2 days.


On the 26th Steve & I were both up by 7am - and Sean too now that I'm thinking about it to begin the "big move". Steve's brother Rob, their Mom, Grandma, sister Jenn, my Mom and my sister were all at our house by 830-9am to help and we were and are so apprieciative of that! Between all the cars and people, we got pretty much everything in 2 trips. Sean, Sam & I didn't make that 2nd trip up the hill as Sean was a bit cranky so we stayed behind in hopes he would rest. - He did, sorta. He watched some Winnie-the-Pooh and followed me around the house while I unpacked and organized items around the house. I think we were officially "done" around 630pm that night. - That is from loading/unloading. While Steve & Taylor played PS3 to unwind and after Sean went to bed around 830pm, I continued on for another 2 hours unpacking various boxes, etc.. Did much of the same Sunday and by Monday morning I pretty much had everything unpacked and settled. I spent that morning and afternoon hanging up pictures and I'm pretty pleased with how everything looks and turned out. Steve still has items he's focusing on from his own personal "to do" list garage wise, etc..

I have to say its weird thinking of this new place as our home. I am going to miss our place in the mountains so very much. Everything was designed/decorated/picked out by us and it's just odd to think that we're not going to live there anymore. Other than having to drive up to retrieve our mail on Saturday afternoon, I think that'll be my last time at the house. Steve plans to go up on Tuesday to do some last minute cleaning and what have you and that'll be his last time at the house. I'm definitely not used to being back "in town" yet. I am looking forward to having a "real" backyard though for Sean to play in without having to worry about snakes, critters or weird bugs and I look forward to us being here closer to family and friends for him to see on a more regular basis. We've already got his 1st playdate lined up for late tomorrow afternoon! Very excited for him to have someone closer to his own age to toddle around with for a while. For so long it's just been Steve and myself as his playmates. - Which is fine but a child needs other children to play and interact with as well... I'm glad he's going to be getting that more now that were in town.

Below is a picture I took of Sean earlier this afternoon - he's laughing and making a super cute/funny face while scooting around on the truck my Dad got him for Xmas. =)
I am now also 21 weeks and 3 days into my pregnancy. Had my 2nd big ultrasound on the 21st and yes, I'm definitely carrying a girl. We again got many ultrasound pictures from the visit which are all placed in her baby book for safe keeping. All my test results came back beyond great and she is developing normal and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment