Yesterday we celebrated Halloween. Sean & Jaycie had a blast trick-or-treating this year. Sean dressed as a SWAT officer - a cute costume we found for him at Costco back in August and Jaycie went as a monkey. - Perfect since we have lovingly given her the nickname of "Monkey" or "Monka" for short. =) Miss Savanna wore a "My 1st Halloween" sleeper and bib for the day. I did think about dressing her up, but figured she doesn't know what the heck is going on anyway so the sleeper it was! She'll dress as a monkey next year. ;)
Savy is now 2 months old and is changing every day. She is smiling and coo-ing a lot - mostly at me *tehe!* and has been so nice has to sleep from about 10-1030pm to about 5-6am every night. WOO!!! She'll get up to eat and then will sleep again for another 2-3 hours. SO NICE!!!
Jaycie is just days away from being 18 months old. So crazy... I did her 18mo pictures this morning and am pleased with what I was able to get. Got more decent/good shoots than I expected! She doesn't sit/stand still for me anymore. haha... Anyhow, had originally planned to do the pictures on Friday when she actually turns 18mo old, however, rain is in the forecast and who knows what next week will look like so today was the day! =D She understands so much, but isn't really putting her thoughts into actual words just yet. She does say a hand full of words though and I know it's just a matter of time before she is a chatter box just like Sean. Right now, its all jibberish with a splash of english every now and then. LOL!
Sean, my big boy Sean... Started looking into preschools for him this past week. Won't attend till next fall, but I figured I better get my rear in gear on my research and getting him onto a list (or lists) now. Probably should've started a bit earlier than this, but oh well. He simply amazes me with his knowledge, memory and what he observes. He is a huge help to me when I need something for one of the girls but am unable to do/get it myself for one reason or another. Still working on the whole potty training issue. He is now requesting to wear big boy undies from time to time, which is a HUGE step since before if I would suggest it, he'd scream "No!" or "Never!". He still won't sit on the potty for me very often, but for Steve he does. - I'm fine with that, however, since I'm the one home with him majority of the time, it's something we need to work on.
Anyhow... As of late, my day usually starts around 730-8am with Sean coming in to request some juice and a cartoon. I get him all settled with his cup of juice and either "Max & Ruby" or "Peppa Pig" on the tv for him and then I take a few minutes to either jump on the computer or jump into the shower (depends on what is going on each day). Around 830 is when Jaycie usually gets up for the day so once she gets up is when I do breakfast for the kids. Savanna gets up anywhere from 730-9am depending on how early she got up for her 1st feeding that morning (usually between 5-6am). Our mornings are spent watching cartoons, eating breakfast, playing with many toys and getting dressed (the kids). Once Steve is up is most often when I go to take my shower. *sigh*, Love my shower aka alone time!!! Afternoons consist of lunch, more cartoon watching, more playing with toys, nap time (LOVE nap time!) and playing out in the backyard. In between all that I'm feeding the kids, doing laundry, cleaning house, organizing this or that and running errands with or without kids in tow. And I even get to chat with Steve here and there. LOL!! Evenings are much of the same with making dinner, playing with toys, coloring/drawing or if Savanna is snoozing - doing a craft. Sean LOVES to do crafts!! Baths are sprinkled in at some point as well as more laundry and cleaning, etc etc... 830pm is when Jaycie goes down for the night, 9-930 is Sean's turn and 10-1030 for Savanna. I'm usually too tired to do much after all 3 are asleep for the evening but if I have some energy left, I'm usually found working out, on the computer or just watching some mindless television. I do get to escape every now and then for "me time" - I go have my nails done (I feel pretty! oh so pretty!! haha) or do a photography appointment (my other passion!!)... I feel like I am always on the go-go-go, but as I stated above, I wouldn't trade this chaos for anything! Love my kids, love my hubby, love my life!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment