I haven't blogged about #3 in a while so I figured I might as well sit down and do it real quick while I am in between doing things around the house (Sean & Jaycie are both napping at the moment).
Tomorrow will mark my 26th week of pregnancy. My c-section has been scheduled for the morning of August 29th. - Just under 3 months to go!! I have 2 more weeks left of my 2nd trimester before I start my 3rd. This pregnancy has actually gone by pretty quickly for me this time. Sean & Jaycie have been keeping me plenty busy so I'm assuming that's why it hasn't felt like a very long pregnancy thus far. Ha, I may change my tune about that in a few weeks I realize! lol...
All my test results have been great so far and I pray they will continue to be that way. I have gained 12 lbs so far (woo!) and don't really feel too huge yet. I have been feeling pretty good other than just being either super tired or utterly exhausted by the end of each day. Like how I catergorize that? ha... I started working this past week in Jaycie's room -getting it ready for it to be "the girls" room rather than just "Jaycie's" room. I have Sean's old crib in there now and set up - complete with the new bedding set I got for our latest addition! Also have all the furniture re-arranged so accomidate the 2nd crib being in the room as well as re-did all the wall art. Only thing I really need to do in there now is get & hang the letter's for her name (Sean & Jaycie both have their names up on their walls) and bring in her clothing to store in the dresser. Oh and I need to re-do the closet as well. ha...
So yes, my 2nd trimester screening at the imaging center was back in April and they confirmed what they saw at my 1st trimester screening back in February that I am definitely carrying a girl. I had no doubts! The name we have chosen for her is Savanna Grace. We wanted to keep in our "S" & "J" theme we unintentionally did (didn't realize we were even all S' & J's until I signed a card with all of our names not long after Jaycie was born!) and Savanna was a pretty one we kept coming back too. Yes, we've dropped the "H" that is traditionally at the end. We never could agree on a 'family' name for her middle name so she'll get an "original" name for her middle. ha... Its short, pretty, classic and biblical.
Sean seems to understand that he is getting another little sister and haas enjoyed helping me this past week with putting together her crib and working in Jaycie's room doing various baby prep things. Jaycie is just too young to understand still and I feel badly that her world is going to be "rocked" by Savanna's arrival. Jaycie is a mama's girl and I am worried about how she will transition from not only having to share me with Sean, but also with this new little (and helpless!) bundle of joy that will be demanding much of my time & attention. I plan to have her be my "little helper" like I did with Sean when Jaycie arrived and hopefully that'll help her some.
Speaking of my little princess - she seems to be awake from her nap. Off I go!
Special K Bars
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment