Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday!





Our little princess celebrated her 1st birthday this past week. This year honestly felt like it went so quickly!! I can still remember my hospital stay - quite vividly! Course, I guess that isn't really saying much since I remember my stay from when I had Sean just as much. Ha...

We had a party here at the house for Jay a couple days prior to her actual birthday since it actually fell in the middle of the week. We had food, cupcakes, presents and lots of fellowship with our family and some friends. Jaycie very much enjoyed digging into her personal smash cake and by the end she had so much frosting on her face & chest (I stripped her down to her diaper for the cake) that she had looked like she rolled around in finger paints! Needless to say, she had a quick bath after that before we did her gifts. She opened 1 of her gifts and then we let older brother Sean open the remainder for her due to since he had skipped his nap that day (oh my), he was getting quite cranky and frankly, Jaycie didn't care so Sean stayed happy by "helping" her open her gifts.






A few days later on Jaycie's actual birthday, I again dressed her in her special birthday outfit and I loaded her & Sean up in the car along with some of my photography props & camera to go take her 1yr pictures. Got some decent ones of her at a little park a few miles southeast from here and then later that afternoon once she was done napping, I set up my photography stands and one of my backdrops to get some pictures of her on the little rocking horse she received from my Dad & Step-Mom for her birthday. Those came out cute and I was pleased overall with what I got that day. We also stopped by Target to spend the 2 gift cards she received - got some diapers in the next size up to tide us over till we did our normal shopping at the end of the week (I know, woo! - Diapers! haaha) as well as a water table for her and her brother to enjoy this summer. She absolutely LOVES to play in water (just like Sean!) so I knew it was something she/they would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment