August 4th
*missed picture day*
August 5th
Sean climbed up into my lap to watch an afternoon cartoon and fell asleep in my arms. =)
August 6th
I took my Mom a yellow ribbon. These are the ones my friend Bri was doing to help raise $$ for our local Survivors of Suicide Loss group.
August 7th
*missed picture day*
August 8th
I had placed Sean & Jaycie in THEIR beds and then walked out into the living room to do my workout. When I walked into my room afterwards, I found them both in MY bed fast asleep. Sean, by the way, hid himself behind the pillow on the left. It actually took me a moment to realize he was there, lol.
August 9th
Happy 19th Birthday to my sister Sam. On this evening the kids and I went over to her Dad's house to bbq for her birthday. Steve had to work that night, but as able to take his dinner break at the house.
August 10th
Sean's FAVE store - Dicks Sporting Goods! He and Jaycie love coming here due to they usually get to putt around on their little green for a few minutes.
August 11th
The kids and I made a giant fort in the living room on this afternoon - they had a blast!! Even little Savanna was crawling around in it!
August 12th
*a missed picture day*
August 13th
A little someone got ahold of my cell phone and was taking pictures of himself... Can you guess who?! lol!
August 14th
Look who started standing solo on this day!!!
August 15th
*a missed picture day*
August 16th
Modeling her new onesie & hat my friend brought her.
August 17th
*another missed picture day*
I actually DID take pictures, I had a photo shoot, but just not of my kids! haha
August 18th
My tattoo I got in memory of my Mom. A quote from her fave children's book. My sister has a matching one that says "I'll like you for always".
August 19th
I lost my Mom to suicide a year ago today... I still don't understand why and know that I never will. I have accepted that. I still get hit with moments of "omgosh, my Mom is dead"... Those moments of shock and disblief, even a year later, still rock me. There isn't a day where I don't think of her at least several times and wish that she was still here.
August 20th
Sean asked to go "see Mon" so off we went! I had gone to the cemetary the morning before, but hadn't taken the kids with me.
August 21st
Sean's 1st day of preschool!! I got misty eyed dropping him off this morning. My baby boy is growing up! Next year, kindergarden! GASP!
August 22nd
*a missed picture day*
Yes, I missed a lot this month. Not on purpose though. And as I stated earlier, some days I actually DID do pictures, they were just photo shoots of other people and not my family, lol! Will try to do better in September!
August 23rd
Savy "helping" me load the dishwasher. Her FAVE thing to do lately is to climb onto the dishwasher door when I have it open.
August 24th
3 little kiddos making a mess together! haha!
August 25th
Look what I FINALLY found!! Been looking for this since Mom passed away. She had wanted one of these badly at one point years ago so for that birthday (might've been Mother's Day) I purchased her one from William's Sonoma. She was SO thrilled and it was a staple in her kitchen. After she passed, I wanted it due to I wanted to keep it on my counter to remind me of her while I cook (Mom LOVED to cook). Anyhow, it wasn't in it's usual spot and it wasn't until this day, over a year after she passed, that I fianlly found it and it TOTALLY made my day!!
August 26-27th
*I'm lame, missed picture days*
August 28th
This would be my sweet 2 year old Jaycie having a tantrum on the kitchen floor.
August 29th
Happy 1st Birthday my beautiful Savanna!! This is her after she dug into her birthday cake. =) LOVE this picture!!!
August 30th
My friend Bri delivering the donation check (in my Mom's name) to Leann at the local SOS office. Ribbons for a Reason raised over $725 during the month of August! Words can not express the love and gratitude I have.
August 31st
I was heading to Walgreens and Sean wanted to come with me so I told him to put is shoes on. This is what he put on, lol!! As a Mommy, you gotta pick and choose your battles with your children so I said "you sure those are the shoes you want to wear?" he proudly said "Yep!" and so off we went!! =)
























No comments:
Post a Comment